Proactive Safety Management and Proactive Behavior of Personnel as Resources of Resilience Engineering
Keywords: technosphere safety, resilience engineering, Safety-II, proactive safety management, anticipation, proactive working behavior
Article type: scientific article
Funding. The study was supported by Russian Foundation for Humanities, project “Proactive behavior in modern work design”, no. 19-013-00947.
For citation: Manichev S.A., Lepekhin N.N. Proactive Safety Management and Proactive Behavior of Personnel as Resources of Resilience Engineering. Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Psychology, 2020. Vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 33–45. DOI: 10.21638/spbu16.2020.103. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- The security of Russia. Legal, socio-economic and scientific-technical aspects. Fundamental’nyye i prikladnyye problemy kompleksnoy bezopasnosti. Moscow, Znanie Publ., 2017. (In Russian)
- Devisilov V.A. Safety Culture and Education. Formation of a culture of life safety in the educational environment: priorities, problems, solutions. Moscow, 2018, pp. 19–23. (In Russian)
- Lepekhin N.N., Manichev S.A. Ensuring the technosphere safety of socio-technical systems based on psychological factors of sustainability engineering. Materialy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii “Bezopasnost’ kak faktor ustoichivogo razvitiia obshchestva” , Respublika Krym, g. Sudak, 25–26 sentiabria 2019 goda. (In Russian)
- Novikov N.N. Role and place of a specialist in safety in the organizational structure of the company. Bezopasnost’ i okhrana truda, 2017, no. 2, pp. 13–22. (In Russian)
- Proctor R., Zandt T. Human Factors in Simple and Complex Systems. Boca Raton, CRC Press, 2018.
- Performing safety culture self-assessments. International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, International Atomic Energy Agency, 2016.
- Self-assessment of nuclear security culture in facilities and activities. International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, International Atomic Energy Agency, 2017.
- Wetering R., Mikalef P., Helms R. Driving organizational sustainability-oriented innovation capabilities: a complex adaptive systems perspective. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 2017, vol. 28, pp. 71–79.
- Pushnoi G. S. MSP-Model of the Economic Complex Adaptive System (ECAS): Economy as a Complex Adaptive System. Method of Systems Potential (MSP) Applications in Economics: Emerging Research and Opportunities. IGI-Publishing, Hershey, London, 2017, pp. 1–30.
- Pariès J., Macchi L., Valot C., Deharvengt S. Comparing HROs and RE in the light of safety management systems. Safety Science, 2019, vol. 117, pp. 501–511.
- Casler J.G. Revisiting NASA as a High Reliability Organization. Public Organization Review, Springer, 2014, vol. 14 (2), pp. 229–244.
- Enya A., Pillay M., Dempsey S.A. Systematic Review on High Reliability Organisational Theory as a Safety Management Strategy in Construction. Safety, 2018, vol. 4, issue 1, no. 6, pp. 1–18.
- Borys D., Else D., Legget S. The fifth age of safety: the adaptive age. Journal of Health & Safety Research in Practice, 2009, vol. 1, pp. 19–27.
- Weick K.E., Kathleen M. Managing the Unexpected: Sustained Performance in a Complex World. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 3rd ed., USA, 2015.
- Hollnagel E., Woods D., Leveson N. Resilience Engineering: Concepts and Precepts. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd., 2006.
- Hollnagel E. Resilience Engineering: A New Understanding of Safety. Ergonomics Society of Korea. Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 2016, vol. 35 (3), pp. 185–191.
- Hollnagel E. The nitty-gritty of human factors. Human Factors and Ergonomics in Practice: Improving System Performance and Human Well-Being in the Real World. Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, 2016, pp. 45–64.
- Fedorets A.G. Risk management in the technosphere. Bezopasnost’ i okhrana truda, 2017, no 2, pp. 23–35. (In Russian)
- The Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Disaster. Investigating the Myth and Reality: The Independent Investigation on the Fukushima Nuclear Accident. Routledge, 2014.
- Reason J. Safety paradoxes and safety culture. Injury Control & Safety Promotion, 2000, no. 7 (1), pp. 3–14.
- Hollnagel E. Is safety a subject for science? Safety Science, 2014, vol. 67, pp. 21–24.
- Furuta K. Resilience Engineering — A New Horizon of Systems Safety. Reflections on the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Accident: Toward Social‐Scientific Literacy and Engineering Resilience. New York, Springer, 2015, pp. 435–454.
- Leont’yev D.A. Mnogourovnevaia model’ vzaimodeistviia s neblagopriiatnymi obstoiatel’stvami: ot zashchity k izmeneniiu. Materialy III Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii. Kostroma, 26– 28 sentiabria 2013 g. , vol. 1, KGU im. N.A.Nekrasova Publ., 2013, pp. 258–261. (In Russian)
- Back J., Furniss D., Hildebrandt M., Blandford A.Resilience markers for safer systems and organisations. Computer safety, reliability, and security. Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer Verlag, 2008, pp. 99–112.
- Hollnagel E. Barriers and accident prevention. Routledge, London, 2016.
- Resilience Engineering Perspectives, Volume 1: Remaining Sensitive to the Possibility of Failure. Hollnagel E., Nemeth C.P., Dekker S.W.A. (Eds). Aldershot, UK, Ashgate, 2008.
- Nemeth C.P., Hollnagel E. Resilience Engineering in Practice, vol. II, Becoming resilient, Farnham, UK, Ashgate, 2014.
- Hollnagel E. The ETTO Principle: Why things that go right sometimes go wrong. Farnham, UK, Ashgate, 2009.
- Hollnagel E. FRAM — The Functional Resonance Analysis Method: Modelling Complex Socio-technical Systems. Farnham, UK, Ashgate, 2012.
- Hollnagel E. Safety-I and Safety-II: The Past and Future of Safety Management. Farnham, UK, Ashgate, 2014.
- Wahl A., Kongsvik T., Antonsen S. Balancing Safety-I and Safety-II: Learning to manage performance variability at sea using simulator-based training, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 2020, vol. 195, p. 106–698.
- Tret’yakov V.P. Generating games as a way of developing the apperception ability of operating personnel of power facilities. Trudy Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii «Psikhologiia truda, inzhenernaia psikhologiia i ergonomika 2014» (Ergo 2014), 2014, pp. 268–270. (In Russian)
- Hollnagel E. Safety-II in Practice. Developing the Resilience Potentials. Routledge, 2017.
- Tret’yakov V.P., Yepatko S. S. The Generating Business Game “Labor Protection”. Human factor in technical systems and environments (Ergo-2018). Trudy Tret’ei mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii, 2018, pp. 548–551. (In Russian)