Positive psychology and ideas of cultural-historical school of L.S. Vygotsky
In the article was carried out a comparative analysis between two distinctive psychology schools: the cultural-historical psychology of L.V. Vygotsky and the positive psychological school. Distinct are a number of significant similarities between their basic ideas that are valuable both for the development of human knowledge and for public practice. The authors have outlined and systematized the leading personal and intellectual qualities of the famous psychologists who have created the most promising theories in the psychological science. The category is highlighted as well as a small group of visionary psychologists who have identified the most important problems of man and psychology and have offered the best quality solutions to these problems. These are W. James, S. Freud, L. Vygotsky, E. Eriksson and A. Maslow; We’ve noticed that Vygotsky alone meets all the criteria, as if the concept of insightful psychologists was modeled over his creative work and his personality.
Keywords: comparative analysis, cultural-historical psychology, positive psychology, insightful psychologists
Journal rubric: Memorable Dates
For citation: Vasilev V.K., Stamatov R.I. Positive psychology and ideas of cultural-historical school of L.S. Vygotsky. Kul'turno-istoricheskaya psikhologiya = Cultural-Historical Psychology, 2017. Vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 49–56. DOI: 10.17759/chp.2017130105.
- Vygotskii L.S. Sobranie sochinenii [Collected works]: V 6 t. Vol. 1. Voprosy teoriy i istorii psihologii [Questions theories and hystory of psychologies]. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1982. 488 p.
- Seligman M. Novaya pozitivnaya psihalogiya: Nauchnuy vzglayad na schastie i smysl jizni [New positive psychology: Scientific overlook over happiness and the meaning of life]. Moskow: Sofiya, 2006. 236 p.
- Tulmin S. Mozart v psohalogii [Mozart in psychology]. Voprosy filosofii [Questions of philosophy], 1981, no. 10, pp. 127—137.
- Csikszentmihalyi M. Potok. Psihalogiya optimalnava perejivaniya [Flow. The Psychology of optimal experience]. Moscow: Smysl, 2011. 460 p.
- Elʼkonin D.B. K probleme periodizacii psihicheskogo razvitiya v detskom vozraste [Towards the problem of periodization of psychological development in child’s age]. In Elʼkonin D.B., Psihol. Trudy. [Selected psychol. works]. Moskow: Pedagogika, 1989, pp. 60—77.
- Vasilev V., Sudani T. Jan Piaje i Lev Vygotskii — sypostavitelen analiz. Printzipite na komparativnata psihologiya [Jean Piaget and Lev Vygotsky — comparative analysis. Principles of comparative psychology]. Plovdiv: Sema, 1999. 144 p.
- Stamatov R., Sariiska S. Pozitivnata motivatziya [Positive motivation]. Plovdiv: Univ. izd. Paisii Hilendarski, 2016. 124 p.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 5
Current month: 1
Previous month: 7
Current month: 4