Outcome Rating Scale (ORS): results of preliminary research of adaptation of Outcome rating scale in Russian language for receiving feedback from the clients regarding changes during psychological practice
Article describes results of preliminary research of adaptation of Outcome rating scale in Russian language. The Outcome rating scale is used in psychological practice providing feedback from the clients regarding changes in different areas of life, associated with successful outcomes of counseling. This measure is a visual analog scale and is easy to use in everyday practice. Data on reliability and validity for russian sample are presented. The scale showed adequate reliability (as internal consistency and retest reliability) and signs of validity.
Keywords: psychological counseling, client, feedback measures, reliability, validity
Journal rubric: Theory and Methodology
Article type: scientific article
For citation: Milovanova E.A., Bochaver A.A., Khlomov K.D., Pavlovsky A.I. Outcome Rating Scale (ORS): results of preliminary research of adaptation of Outcome rating scale in Russian language for receiving feedback from the clients regarding changes during psychological practice. Konsul'tativnaya psikhologiya i psikhoterapiya = Counseling Psychology and Psychotherapy, 2013. Vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 179–189. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Lambert M.J., Shimokawa K. Collecting client feedback // Psychotherapy. 2011. № 48. P. 72–79.
- Miller S.D., Duncan B.L. The Outcome and Session Rating Scales. Administration and scoring manual. Institute of the study of therapeutic change. Chicago, IL, 2000.
- Bargmann S., Robinson B. The ICCE Manuals on Feedback-Informed Treatment (FIT). Manual 2: Feedback-Informed Clinical Work: The Basics. International Center for Clinical Excellence, 2011.
- Rosenzweig S. Some implicit common factors in diverse methods of psychotherapy. // American Journal of Orthopsychiatry. 1936. №6.P. 412–415.
- Wampold B.E. The research evidence for common factors models: a historically situated perspective. // The Heart and Soul of Change, Second Edition: delivering what works in therapy // Edited by Duncan B.L., Miller S.D., Wampold B.E., Hubble M.A., Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. 2010. P. 49–82.
- Miller S.D., Duncan, B.L., Brown J., Sparks J., Claud D. The Outcome Rating Scale: A preliminary study of the reliability, validity, and feasibility of a brief visual analogue measure. // Journal of Brief Therapy. 2003. № 2. P. 91–100.
- Bringhurst D.L., Watson C.W., Miller S.D., Duncan B.L. The reliability and validity of the Outcome Rating Scale: A replication study of a brief clinical measure. // Journal of Brief Therapy. 2006. № 5. P. 23–30.
- Hafkenscheid A., Duncan B.L., Miller S.D. The Outcome and Session Rating Scales: A cross cultural examination of the psychometric properties of the Dutch translation. // Journal of Brief Therapy. 2010. № 7. P. 1–12.
- Kline P. The handbook of psychological testing (2nd ed.) London: Routledge, 1999.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 25
Current month: 11
Previous month: 69
Current month: 45