Сommunity-based Early Years Services: the Golden Triangle of Informal, Nonformal and Formal Approaches
Keywords: early childhood care and education, nonformal, informal and formal education, golden triangle, quality assessment early education, spider-web diagram, community-based early childhood care and education, early childhood development
Journal rubric: Educational Psychology
Article type: scientific article
For citation: van Oudenhoven N., Jualla R. Сommunity-based Early Years Services: the Golden Triangle of Informal, Nonformal and Formal Approaches. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2010. Vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 29–40.
- Bennett J. Improving the well-being of young children in Europe: the role of early years services. Discussion paper, part of EUROCHILD series, New Realities for Children and Young People in Europe, 2009. [Free .ppt presentation]
- Children in Europe Young Children and their Services: Developing a European Approach, A Children in Europe Policy paper, 2008.
- Council of the European Communities Recommendation on child care (92/241/EEC). Brussels, 1992. [Free full-text]
- Council of the European Union Council conclusions on the education of children with a migrant background, 2978th Education, Youth and Culture Council Meeting. Brussels, 29 November 2009. [Free full-text]
- Diversity in Early Childhood Education and Training, Brussels, 2007. [Free full-text]
- Diversity and Equity: Making Sense of Good Practice, Brussels, 2007. [Free full-text]
- Eurochild Eurochild Early Years Education and Care Thematic Working Group Discussion Paper on Common Principles and Definitions, 2009.
- European Commission Childcare Network Quality Targets in Services for Young Children. Brussels, 1996.
- Fuller, B. Standardized Childhood: the Political and Cultural Struggle over Early Education, Stanford, 2010.
- May, H. and Mitchell, L. Strengthening community-based early childhood education in Aotearoa New Zealand: Report of the Quality Public Early Childhood Education Project, Wellington: New Zealand, 2009. [Free full-text]
- NESSE /European Commission Early Childhood Education and Care: Key Lessons from Research for Policy Makers, Brussels, 2009. [Free full-text]
- United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child, United Nations Children’s Fund and Bernard van Leer Foundation A Guide to General Comment : ‘Implementing Child Rights in Early Childhood’, The Hague, Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2006. [Free full-text]
- UNESCO portal on Early Childhood Care and Educacion.