Effects of Occasional Visits to Botanical Gardens on the Attitude to Nature in Primary Schoolchildren in Russian Arctic
Keywords: children of the Arctic, attitude to nature, botanical garden, child personality, primary schoolchildren
Journal rubric: Developmental Psychology
Article type: scientific article
For citation: Mitina E.G., Ishchenko A.V., Sovetova M.P. Effects of Occasional Visits to Botanical Gardens on the Attitude to Nature in Primary Schoolchildren in Russian Arctic [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psychological-Educational Studies, 2022. Vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 111–121. DOI: 10.17759/psyedu.2022140108. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Deriabo S.D., Iasvin V.A. Metodiki diagnostiki i korrektsii otnosheniya k prirode [Methods of diagnostics and correction of attitude to nature]. Moscow: TsKFL RAO, 1995. 147 p. (In Russ.).
- Kamnev A.N., Mikhailova T.A. Osobennosti razvitiya sub"ektnosti podrostka vo vzaimodeistvii s prirodnoi sredoi v usloviyakh detskogo obrazovatel'no-ozdorovitel'nogo lagerya [Features of the Development of a Teenager’s Subjectivity in Interaction with the Natural Environment in a Children’s Educational and Health Camp]. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Psychological-Educational Studies, 2021. Vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 57–71. DOI:10.17759/psyedu.2021130104 (In Russ.).
- Mukhortova E.A. Otnoshenie k prirode u shkol'nikov i studentov – zhitelej megapolisa [Attitude toward Nature in School and University Students from Megalopolis]. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Psychological-Educational Studies, 2021. Vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 83–97. DOI:10.17759/psyedu.2021130306 (In Russ.).
- Poletaeva O.V. Professional'noe dolgoletie i psikhologicheskoe zdorov'e v usloviyakh Arktiki. [Professional longevity and psychological health in the Arctic]. Vestnik Kurganskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta = Bulletin of the Kurgan University, 2017, no. 1(44), pp. 118–122. (In Russ.).
- Sovetova M.P. Integrativnye obrazovatel'nye programmy dlya obuchayushchikhsya nachal'nykh klassov v botanicheskom sadu [Integrative educational programs for primary school students in the Botanical Garden]. Perspektivnye napravleniia issledovanii problem biologicheskogo i ekologicheskogo obrazovaniia. 19-21 nojabrja 2019 = Promising areas of research on the problems of biological and environmental education. November 19-21, 2019. Saint-Petersburg: Svoe izdatel'stvo, 2019, pp. 167–170. (In Russ.).
- Armstrong E.L. et. al. Cognitive abilities amongst the Sámi population. Intelligence, 2014, no. 46, pp. 35–39. DOI:10.1016/j.intell.2014.03.009
- Caciuc V.-T. Reflections on the Ways to Build up Responsibility towards Nature in Primary School. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2014, no. 149, pp. 136–141. DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.08.177
- Collado S., Evans G.W. Outcome expectancy: A key factor to understanding childhood exposure to nature and children's pro-environmental behavior. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 2019, no. 61, pp. 30–36. DOI:10.1016/j.jenvp.2018.12.001
- Cook N., Heyes A. Brain freeze: outdoor cold and indoor cognitive performance. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2020, no. 101, p. 102318. DOI:10.1016/j.jeem.2020.102318
- Ebersbach M. et. al. Factors that affect primary school children’s sustainable behavior in a resource dilemma. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 2019, no. 184, pp. 18–33. DOI:10.1016/j.jecp.2019.03.007
- Evans H.J. Sustainability in out-of-school science education: identifying the unique potentials. Environmental Education Research, 2021. DOI:10.1080/13504622.2021.1893662
- Hughes J. et. al. Age and connection to nature: when is engagement critical? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 2019. Vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 265–269. DOI:10.1002/fee.2035
- Kaganovich N., Ancel E. Different neural processes underlie visual speech perception in school-age children and adults: An event-related potentials study. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 2019, no. 184, pp. 98–122. DOI:10.1016/j.jecp.2019.03.009
- Manrique D.R. et. al. Arctic: Traditional Knowledge, Livelihoods and Community Engagement. Setting the Scene [Электронный ресурс]. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2018. 70 p. DOI:10.2760/61611 (дата обращения: 16.08.2021).
- Nartova-Bochaver S., Mukhortova E. If people are attached to plants, do they love other people? Case of the Russian youth [Электронный ресурс]. Behavioral Sciences, 2020. Vol. 10, no. 2. DOI:10.3390/bs10020040 (дата обращения: 26.11.2021).
- Ngo K.M. et. al. The influence of childhood nature experience on attitudes and tolerance towards problem-causing animals in Singapore. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 2019, no. 41, pp. 150–157. DOI:10.1016/j.ufug.2019.04.003
- Otto S., Evans G.W., Moon M.J., Kaiser F.G. The development of children’s environmental attitude and behavior. Global Environmental Change, 2019, no. 58, pp. 10194. DOI:10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2019.101947
- Simsar A. et. al. The ecocentric and anthropocentric attitudes towards different environmental phenomena: A sample of Syrian refugee children. Studies in Educational Evaluation, 2021, no. 70, pp. 101005. DOI:10.1016/j.stueduc.2021.101005
- Timlin U. et. al. A. Living conditions and mental wellness in a changing climate and environment: focus on community voices and perceived environmental and adaptation factors in Greenland. Heliyon, 2021, no. 7(4), pp. E06862. DOI:10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e06862
- Trombley J. et. al. Climate Change and Mental Health. The American Journal of Nursing, 2017, no. 117(4), pp. 44–52. DOI:10.1097/01.NAJ.0000515232.51795.fa
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 10
Current month: 1
Previous month: 6
Current month: 0