Social Psychology and Society
2019. Vol. 10, no. 3, 196–201
ISSN: 2221-1527 / 2311-7052 (online)
The continuity of the knowledge in Social Psychology, could it be possible? Commemoration to the 95th anniversary of G.M. Andreeva
This paper is dedicated to the memory of Galina Mihailovna Andreeva, who was a creator of the Russian school of Social Psychology at the faculty of Moscow State University. Adreeva suggested that the psychologist’s main objective was to integrate scientific knowledge into the context of social changes and issues. She determined the main problem of Social Psychology as the problem of social cognition. Social cognition represents constructing the image of the social world, which is vicariously lived by people in their everyday life. This definition unites such theories as sociocultural approach (L. Vygotsky, A. Leontiev, A. Luria), K. Gergen’s social constructionism and cognitive psychology (S. Fiske). According to the ideas of Andreeva, the image of social world integrates micro- and marco-levels of social structure, what manifests in general directions of the discipline of Social Psychology: communication-groups-personality. Indeed, human personality is formed through group interactions, as well as his personal and social identity which are determined by the culture and by the society where we interact. The concepts elaborated by Andreeva greatly anticipated contemporary research on the perception of social space and time, collective emotions and experiences, as well as collective memory. Therefore, we see the need for an immediate revisit of her heritage in the context of the modern human sciences.
Journal rubric: Memorable Dates
Article type: personalities
For citation: Khoroshilov D.A. The continuity of the knowledge in Social Psychology, could it be possible? Commemoration to the 95th anniversary of G.M. Andreeva. Sotsial'naya psikhologiya i obshchestvo = Social Psychology and Society, 2019. Vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 196–201. DOI: 10.17759/sps.2019100313. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Andreeva G.M. Obraz mira i/ili real’nyi mir? [An image of the world or the real world?]. Voprosy Psichologii, 2013, no. 3, pp. 33—43.
- Andreeva G.M. Psikhologiya sotsial’nogo poznaniya [Psychology of social cognition]. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2005. 303 p.
- Andreeva G.M. Sovremennaya burzhuaznaya empiricheskaya sotsiologiya [Modern empirical sociology]. Moscow: Mysl’, 1965. 303 p.
- Andreeva G.M. Sotsial’naya psikhologiya [Social psychology]. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2010. 363 p.
- Andreeva G.M. Social psychology: New Journal, New Perspectives. Sotsial’naia psikhologiia i obshchestvo [Social Psychology and Society], 2010, no. 1, pp. 4—12. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.).
- Andreeva G.M. Sotsial’naya psikhologiya segodnya: poiski i razmyshleniya [Social psychology today: search for reflections]. Moscow: NOU VPO MPSI, 2009. 160 p.
- Agadullina E.R. Glavnaya mama. In M.M. Yudkevich, Yu.V. Ivanova i dr. (ed.). Pokoleniya VShE: ucheniki ob uchitelyakh [Generations of HSE University: students about their teachers]. Moscow: VShE, 2013, pp. 38—41.
- Bazarov T.Yu. Lichnaya vovlechennost’ — osobyi stil’ fakul’teta [Personal involvement as a special style of Department of Psychology, Lomonosov Moscow State University. Natsional’nyi psikhologicheskii zhurnal [National Psychological Journal], 2016, no. 3 (23), pp. 45—48.
- Bovina I.B. Pamyati nauchnogo rukovoditelya [In Memoriam of Scientific Supervisor]. Vestnik RUDN. Seriya: Psikhologiya i pedagogika [RUDN Journal of Psychology and Pedagogics], 2015, no. 1, pp. 98—100.
- Konstanta v neopredelennom i menyayushchemsya mire: malen’kaya psikhologicheskaya serenada k yubileyu G.M. Andreevoi [Constant in an uncertain and changing world: a small psychological serenade for the anniversary of G.M. Andreeva.]. Zinchenko Yu.P., Martsinkovskaya T.D. (ed.). Moscow: MGU, 2009. 399 p.
- Martsinkovskaya T.D. Galina Mikhailovna Andreeva. Konstanta v tranzitivnom mire (1924—2014) [Galina Mikhailovna Andreeva. Constant in transitive world]. Vydayushchiesya psikhologi Moskvy [Notable psychologists of Moscow]. Moscow: MGPPU, 2016, pp. 519—529.
- Pugacheva M. “Voyna sprovotsirovala vsyakie zaprosy o zhizni”. Interv’yu s G.M. Andreevoy [The war provoked different questions about life. Interview with G.M. Andreeva]. Sotsiologicheskoe obozrenie [Sociological Review], 2002. Vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 78—87.
- Khoroshilov D.A. Ot sotsial’nogo poznaniya — k epistemologii obshchestva (pamyati G.M. Andreevoi) [From social cognition to social epistemology (in memory of G.M. Andreeva)]. Natsional’nyi psikhologicheskii zhurnal [National Psychological Journal], 2016, no. 3 (23), pp. 76—85.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 7
Current month: 0
Previous month: 2
Current month: 0