Multifunctional Educational Area “Glade of Activity”. Complex Group Work with Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Objectives. The use and considering of natural environment in the educational work with children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) can provide a solution to such developmental tasks as physical and social development, social interactions with children and adults, increasing the comfort of the educational environment. The purpose of presented work is to analyze the results of the application of complex psycho-educational work in the setting of the multifunctional educational area “Glade of Activity”.
Methods. Comprehensive psycho-educational work in the setting of the “Glade of Activity” was carried out in the kindergarten No. 133 in the city of Tyumen. 53 children with ASD took part in the project in the period of 2019— 2023. 74% of children had an intellectual delay, 10% had different intellectual disabilities. Following methods were used: Individual psycho-educational examination for children with autism spectrum disorders (PEP-3), observation method, questionnaires for parents.
Results. 92% of subjects had slight positive developmental trend and in 8% of the subjects registered more pronounced positive trend in the development of mental functions, socially acceptable forms of behavior, as well as in the physical development. According to the results of observations and questioning of parents, it is noted that children have become interested in objects of joint activity with teachers and other children. Anxiety outside the group has decreased, independence in choosing the type of activity has increased, involvement in joint activities. There is a decrease in the number and strength of the manifestation of negative reactions.
Conclusions. It is planned to include “Glade of Activity” in the comprehensive support system for families raising children of early preschool age with disabilities and different diagnosis. In order to conduct further research, it is planned to develop a system for evaluating the effectiveness of psycho-educational technologies and methods.
Keywords: psycho-educational work; autism spectrum disorders (ASD); natural conditions; multifunctional educational area; socio-cultural integration; interdisciplinary team
Journal rubric: Education & Intervention Methods
Article type: scientific article
Acknowledgements. The authors thank the Leading researcher of the Center for Socialization and Personalization of Children’s Education of the Federal Institute for the Development of Education of the Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation, PhD In Biology, Associate Professor of the Academy of Advanced Training and Professional Retraining of Educators Sergey Morozov for scientific and methodological support of the approbation of the adapted basic educational program of preschool education for children with disabilities autistic spectrum.
For citation: Khabarova S.N., Esaulkova I.L. Multifunctional Educational Area “Glade of Activity”. Complex Group Work with Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya = Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2023. Vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 34–41. DOI: 10.17759/autdd.2023210205. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Bernshtein N.A. Razvitie koordinatsii v rannem ontogeneze [Development of coordination in early ontogenesis]. In Fiziologiya dvizhenii i aktivnost’ [Physiology of movement and activity]. Moscow: Publ. Nauka, 1990. Pp. 309—326. ISBN 5-02-005234-5.
- Bolotov V.A., Serikov V.V. Kompetentnostnaya model’: ot idei k obrazovatel’noi programme [Competency model: from idea to educational program]. Pedagogika = Pedagogics, 2003, no. 10, pp. 8—14.
- Vygotskii L.S. Psikhologiya razvitiya cheloveka [Human development psychology]. Moscow: Publ. Smysl: Publ. Eksmo, 2005. 1136 p. ISBN 5-699-13728-9.
- Grandin T., Edelson S.M. “If you don’t Expose Children, they are not Going to get Interested” Temple Grandin interview. Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya = Autism and Developmental Disorders (Russia), 2020, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 64—67. DOI:10.17759/autdd.2020180307
- Delaney T. Razvitie osnovnykh navykov u detei s autizmom: Effektivnaya metodika igrovykh zanyatii s osobymi det’mi [101 Games and Activities for Children with Autism, Asperger’s, and Sensory Processing Disorders]. 2nd ed. Yekaterinburg: Publ. Rama Pablishing, 2016. 272 p. ISBN 978-5-91743-064-5.
- Dovbnya S. et al. Deti s rasstroistvami autisticheskogo spektra v detskom sadu i shkole: praktiki s dokazannoi effektivnost’yu [Children with ASD in kindergarten and school: practices with proven efficiency]. Saint Petersburg: Publ. Seans, 2018. 202 p. ISBN 978-5-905669-37-8.
- Kak pomoch’ doshkol’niku s rasstroistvami autisticheskogo spektra: Opyt spetsialistov sluzhb rannego vmeshatel’stva Fonda “Obnazhennye serdtsa” [How to help a preschooler with ASD: Experience of the early intervention specialists in the Naked Hearts Foundation]. [Nizhny Novgorod], 2020. 149 p. ISBN 978-5-6042934-0-9.
- Lebedinskaya K.S., Nikol’skaya O.S., Baenskaya E.R. et al. Deti s narusheniyami obshcheniya: Rannii detskii autism [Children with communication disorders: Autism in early childhood]. Moscow: Publ. Prosveshchenie, 1989. 92 p. ISBN 5-09-001264-4.
- Morozov S.A, Morozova S.S., Morozova T.I. Certain Inclusion Problems in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya = Autism and Developmental Disorders (Russia), 2020, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 51—61. DOI:10.17759/ autdd.2020180106
- Okuneva E.A. Ispol’zovanie resursov prirody v inklyuzivnom prostranstve DOU dlya detei s rasstroistvom autisticheskogo spektra: Obrazovatel’nyi proekt [Using nature’s resources in the inclusive space of the preschool educational facility for children with ASD: Education project] [Web resource] / Tyumen Municipal Kindergarten no. 133. Tyumen, 2020. URL: https://nsportal.ru/detskiy-sad/raznoe/2021/08/31/obrazovatelnyy-proekt-ispolzovanie-resursov-prirody-v-inklyuzivnom (Accessed 25.06.2023).
- Primernaya adaptirovannaya osnovnaya obrazovatel’naya programma doshkol’nogo obrazovaniya detei rannego i doshkol’nogo vozrasta s rasstroistvami autisticheskogo spektra [Approximate adapted basic educational program for preschool education for children of early and preschool ages with autism spectrum disorders] [Web resource] / Ministry of Education of Russian Federation. Moscow, 2022. 124 p. URL: https://fgosreestr.ru/poop/primernaia-adaptirovannaia-osnovnaia-obrazovatelnaia-programma-doshkolnogo-obrazovaniia-detei-rannego-i-doshkolnogo-vozrasta-s-rasstroistvami-autisticheskogo-spektra (Accessed 25.06.2023).
- Khaustov A.V. (ed.) Psikhologo-pedagogicheskoe soprovozhdenie obuchayushchikhsya s rasstroistvami autisticheskogo spektra: Metodicheskoe posobie [Psychological and educational support for students with autism spectrum disorders: Teaching guidelines]. Moscow: Publ. Federal Resource Center of the Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, 2016. 125 p. ISBN 978-5-94051-118-2.
- Slobodchikov V.I. Antropologicheskaya perspektiva otechestvennogo obrazovaniya [Anthropoligal perspective of national education]. Yekaterinburg: Publ. Information and publishing division of the Yekaterinburg Eparchy, 2010. 260 p. ISBN 978-5-903971-08-4.
- Frost L., Bondy A. Sistema al’ternativnoi kommunikatsii s pomoshch’yu kartochek (PECS) [The Picture Exchange Communication System Training Manual]. Moscow: Publ. Terevinf, 2011. 396 p. ISBN 978-5-4212-0026-0.
- Khaustov A.V. Special educational needs of students with autism spectrum disorders. Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya = Autism and Developmental Disorders (Russia), 2016, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 3—12. DOI:10.17759/autdd.2016140201
- El’konin B.D. Ponyatie kompetentnosti s pozitsii razvivayushchego obucheniya [The concept of competency from the position of developmental education]. In Sovremennye podkhody k kompetentnostno-orientirovannomu obrazovaniyu [Modern approaches to competency-oriented education]. Krasnoyarsk, 2002. 267 p.
- Yanushko E.A. Igry s autichnym rebenkom: ustanovlenie kontakta, sposoby vzaimodeistviya, razvitie rechi, psikhoterapiya: prakticheskoe posobie dlya psikhologov, pedagogov i roditelei [Playing with an autistic child: establishing contact, ways of interaction, speech development, therapy: practical guide for psychologists, educators and parents]. Moscow: Publ. Terevinf, 2004. 136 p.
- Carter A.S., Volkmar F.R., Sparrow S.S. et al. The Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales: The Supplementary Norms for Individuals with Autism. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 1998, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 287—302. DOI:10.1023/a:1026056518470
- Schopler E., Lansing M.D., Reichler R.J. et al. Psychoeducational Profile-Third Edition (PEP-3). Torrance: Publ. WPS, 2005. 25×30 cm; 50×21 cm.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 21
Current month: 1
Previous month: 11
Current month: 1