Role of play in child’s life and development: New approach to the rights of the child
Keywords: child play; right to play; IPA –International Play Association; UN Convention on the rights of the child; proposals ensuring right to play; conditions for child play, adventure play ground
Journal rubric: Developmental Psychology
Article type: review article
For citation: Smirnova E.O., Sokolova M.V. Role of play in child’s life and development: New approach to the rights of the child [Elektronnyi resurs]. Sovremennaia zarubezhnaia psikhologiia = Journal of Modern Foreign Psychology, 2013. Vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 6–18. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Hughes B. The first claim...a framework for playwork quality assessment. Play Wales. Baltic House. Cardiff CF105FH. 2008.
- Hughes B. A Playworker's Taxonomy of Play Types. 2nd Edition. Play Education, 2002.
- Playlink. Risk and Safety in Play: The Law and Practice for Adventure Playgrounds. London : Routledge, 1977.
- Sutton-Smith B. The Ambiguity of Play. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1977.
- International play association [Electronic resource]: Promoting the child’s right to play / IPA. 2009. URL: http://ipaworld.org/.
- UN General Comment on Article 31 — purpose of this section [Electronic resource] / IPA // International play association: Promoting the child’s right to play. URL: http://ipaworld.org/general-comment-on-31/un-general-comment/what-is-a-un-general-comment-2/.
- The right of the child to rest, leisure, play, recreational activities, cultural life and the arts (Article 31) [Electronic resource]: General comment No. 17 (2013) / Committee on the Rights of the Child. 2013. 21 p. (Convention on the Rights of the Child). URL: http://www.crin.org/docs/CRC-C-GC-17_en.pdf.
- Un stands up for children’s right to play, arts and leisure in a landmark moment for children [Electronic resource]: United Nations adopts in-depth interpretation of ‘forgotten’ children’s rights / IPA. Geneva, 2013. 3p. URL: http://ipaworld.org/main/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/UN-Release.pdf.
- Committee on the Rights of the Child [Electronic resource]: Monitoring children's rights / OHCHR // Office of the United Nationals High Commissioner for Human Rights. 1996-2012. URL: http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/crc/.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 4
Current month: 0
Previous month: 9
Current month: 1