The influence of interaction in the «teacher-pupil» system on schoolchildren’s learning and development (based on foreign publications)
Keywords: a «teacher-pupil» system, a supportive relationship, conflict interactions, learning process
Journal rubric: Educational Psychology
Article type: review article
For citation: Fomichenko A.S. The influence of interaction in the «teacher-pupil» system on schoolchildren’s learning and development (based on foreign publications) [Elektronnyi resurs]. Sovremennaia zarubezhnaia psikhologiia = Journal of Modern Foreign Psychology, 2019. Vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 76–83. DOI: 10.17759/jmfp.2019080108. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Baker J., Grant S., Morlock L. The teacher–student relationship as a developmental context for children with internalizing or externalizing behavior problems [Elektronnyi resurs]. School Psychology Quarterly, 2008, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 3–15. Available at: file:///C:/Users/rodinaeb/Downloads/Baker_TSRelate.pdf (Accessed 13.03.2019).
- Claessens L. et al. Beginning and experienced secondary school teachers' self- and student schema in positive and problematic teacher-student relationships. Teaching and Teacher Education, 2016, vol. 55, pp. 88–99. doi:10.1016/j.tate.2015.12.006
- Birch S.H., Ladd G.W. Children’s interpersonal behaviors and the teacher–child relationship. Develop-mental Psychology, 1998, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 934–946. doi:10.1037//0012-16220.127.116.114
- Bradshaw C.P., Waasdorp T.E., O’Brennan L.M. Findings from the national education association’s nationwide study of bullying: Teachers’ and education support professionals’ perspectives on bullying and prevention. Washington, DC: National Education Association, 2011. 58 p.
- Britt J.E. Teacher-student relationships and student achievement in grades six and seven mathematics: Diss. Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA, 2013. 139 p.
- Ciuladiene G., Kairiene B. The resolution of conflict between teacher and student: students’ narratives. Journal of Teacher Education for Sustainability, 2017, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 107–120. doi:10.1515/jtes-2017-0017
- Ciuladienė G., Raudeliunaite R. Whether relations between students and teachers are constructive at contemporary school? Procedia – social and behavioral sciences, 2015, vol. 191, pp. 2855-2860. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.04.426
- Gallagher E. The Effects of Teacher-Student Relationships: Social and Academic Outcomes of Low-Income Middle and High School Students [Elektronnyi resurs]. In NYU Steinhardt. New York, 2013. Available at: https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/appsych/opus/issues/2013/fall/gallagher (Accessed 16.08.2013).
- Jantine L. Teacher Wellbeing: The Importance of Teacher–Student Relationships. Educational Psychology Review, 2011, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 457–477. doi:10.1007/s10648-011-9170-y
- Jevtic B., Petrovic Z.S., Stankovic A.Z. Victims or bullies – students or teachers. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2014, vol. 141, pp. 587–596. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.05.103
- Knoell C.M. The role of the student-teacher relationship in the lives of fifth graders: A mixed methods analysis: Diss. University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, 2012. 122 p.
- Kõiv K. Changes over a ten-year interval in the prevalence of teacher targeted bullying. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2015, vol. 171, pp. 126–133. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.01.098
- Koomen H.M.Y., Spilt J.L. Child problem behavior in relation to teaching stress: The role of teacher-student relationships [Elektronnyi resurs]: Poster presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development. In VU. VRIJE Universiteit Amserdam. Montreal, Canada, 2011. https://research.vu.nl/en/publications/child-problem-behavior-in-relation-to-teaching-stress-the-role-of (Accessed 14.03.2019).
- McGrath K.F., Bergen P.V. Who, when, why and to what end? Students at risk of negative student–teacher relationships and their outcomes. Educational Research Review, 2015, vol. 14, pp. 1–17. doi:10.1016/j.edurev.2014.12.001
- O’Connor E.E., Dearing E., Collins B.A. Teacher-child relationship and behavior problem trajectories in elementary school. American Educational Research Journal, 2011, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 120-162. doi:10.3102/0002831210365008
- Özgan H. The usage of domination strategies in conflicts between the teachers and students [Elektronnyi resurs]: A case study. Educational Research and Reviews, 2015, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 146-152. Available at: https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1091526.pdf (Accessed 14.03.2019).
- Pianta R.C., Hamre B.K. Classroom processes and positive youth development: Conceptualizing, measuring, and improving the capacity of interactions between teachers and students. New Directions for Youth Development, 2009, vol. 121, pp. 33–46. doi:10.1002/yd.295
- Silberman M.L. Behavioral expression of teachers' attitudes toward elementary school students. Journal of Educational Psychology, 1969, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 402-407. doi:10.1037/h0028315
- Aldrup K. et al. Student misbehavior and teacher well-being: Testing the mediating role of the teacher-student relationship. Learning and Instruction, 2018, vol. 58, pp. 126–136. doi:10.1016/j.learninstruc.2018.05.006
- McCormick M.P. et al. Teacher–child relationships and academic achievement: A multilevel propensity score model approach. Journal of School Psychology, 2013, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 611–624. doi:10.1016/j.jsp.2013.05.001
- Wubbels T. et al. Teacher-student relationships and classroom management. In Handbook of classroom management: Research, practice, and contemporary issues (2nd ed.) E. T. Emmer (еds.). New York: Routledge, 2014, pp. 363–386.
- Roorda D.L. et al. The influence of affective teacher–student relationships on students' school engagement and achievement: A meta-analytic approach. Review of Educational Research, 2011, vol. 81, pp. 493–529. doi:10.3102/0034654311421793
- Wilkins J. An examination of student and teacher behaviors that contribute to good student-teacher relationships in large urban high schools: Diss. New York State University, New York, 2006. 202 p.
- Worley C.L. At-risk students and academic achievement [Elektronnyi resurs] : the relationship between certain selected factors and academic success. Diss. Virginia, 2007. 110 p. Available at: https://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/bitstream/handle/10919/28037/DissPDFone.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y (Accessed 14.03.2019).
- Zimmerman B.J., Bandur, A., Martinez-Pons M. Self-motivation for academic attainment: The role of self-efficacy beliefs and personal goal setting. American Educational Research Journal, 1992, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 663–676. doi:10.3102/00028312029003663
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 3
Current month: 0
Previous month: 9
Current month: 0