Gifted Education in Korea: Three Korean High Schools for the Mathematically Gifted
Keywords: gifted pupils, curriculum, selection methods, entrance examinations, advanced courses
Journal rubric: Psychology of Giftedness
Article type: scientific article
For citation: Kyong M., Dae S. Gifted Education in Korea: Three Korean High Schools for the Mathematically Gifted. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2011. Vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 87–94. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Cho S. H. A plan to expand and to develop science high schools. Seoul, 2003.
- College Board. Advanced Placement report to the nation 2006. N. Y., 2006.
- Holton D. Nurturing mathematical talent in New Zealand // The Mathematics Teacher. 1995. № 86.
- Jeon Y. S. Analysis of appropriateness of selecting graduates of gifted programs beyond the quorum of science high school // Journal of Gifted/Talented Education. 2004. 14 (4).
- Kim H. J. A comparative study on gifted education for mathematics in Korea and foreign countries. Unpublished master’s thesis. Dankook, 2006.
- Welcome to Korean Minjok Leadership Academy, 2007. Электронная версия: http://www.minjok. hs.kr
- Kwon N. K. A comparative analysis of the special mathematics education in high school gifted between Korea and USA. Unpublished master’s thesis. Daegu, 2007.