Clinical Psychology and Special Education
2014. Vol. 3, no. 2
ISSN: 2304-0394 (online)
Application of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, Children & Youth Version (a brief review of the literature)
Keywords: classification, ICF-CY, habilitation, special education, child, individual program
Journal rubric: Scientific Discussions
Article type: review article
For citation: Kazmin A.M., Perminova G.A., Chugunova A. Application of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, Children & Youth Version (a brief review of the literature) [Elektronnyi resurs]. Klinicheskaia i spetsial'naia psikhologiia = Clinical Psychology and Special Education, 2014. Vol. 3, no. 2 (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Adolfsson M., Granlund M., Björck-Åkesson E., Ibragimova N., Pless M. (2010) Exploring changes over time in habilitation professionals’ perceptions and applications of the international classification of functioning, disability and health, version for children and youth (ICF-CY)// J Rehabil Med 2010; 42: 670–678
- Adolfsson M. (2011) Applying the ICF-CY to identify everyday life situations of children and youth with disabilities, Jönköping
- Akio T., Koji T., Yutaka S., Yuichiro H., Hisao S. (2013). Study of ICF/ICF-CY use in the fields related to Special Needs Education for multidisciplinary approaches, Bulletin of The National Institute of Special Needs Education, Vol. 40, pp.
- Bornman J. & Rose J. (2010). Believe that all achieve: Increasing classroom participation in learners with special support needs. Pretoria: Van Schaik
- Castroa S., Pintoa A., Simeonsson R. J. (2012) Content analysis of Portuguese individualized education programmes for young children with autism using the ICF-CY Framework// European Early Childhood Education Research Journal 1–14
- Coster W., Bedell G., Low M., Khetan M.A., Teplicky R., Liljenquist K., Gleason K., Kao Y-C. (2011) Psychometric evaluation of the Participation and Environment Measure for Children and Youth//Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 53: 1030–1037
- Goldstein D.N., Cohn E., and Coster W. (2004) Enhancing Participation for Children with Disabilities: Application of the ICF Enablement Framework to Pediatric Physical Therapist Practice// Pediatric Physical Therapy, Volume 16 - Issue 2, pp: 81-138
- Hollenweger J. Development of an ICF-based eligibility procedure for education in Switzerland (2011)//Hollenweger BMC Public Health, 11(Suppl 4):S7
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health-Children and Youth Version. Geneva: World Health Organization (2007)
- Khetani M.A. (2013) Parent perspectives of participation in home and community life when receiving Part C early intervention services//Topics in Early Childhood Special Education, 01
- Klang N. (2012): Applicability of the ICF-CY to describe functioning and environment of children with disabilities// Doctoral thesis
- Liao H-F., Hwang A-W, Pan Y-L, Liou T-H., Yen C-F. (2013) Application of ICF / ICF-CY to Physical Therapy and the ICF Mobility Scale in Taiwan//FJPT 20 13:38( I): 1-15)
- McConachie H., Colver A.F., Forsyth R.J., Jarvis S.N. et al. (2006). Participation of disabled children: how should it be characterised and measured? Disability and Rehabilitation 28(18):1157-64
- Maxwell G. (2012), Bringing more to participation// Dissertation in Disability Research, School of Education and Communication, Jönköping University
- McLeod S., Bleile K. (2004) The ICF: a framework for setting goals for children with speech impairment// Child Language Teaching and Therapy 20, 3; pp. 199-219
- Meucci P., Leonardi M., Sala M., Martinuzzi A., Russo E., Buffoni M., Fusaro G., Raggi A. (2014) A survey on feasibility of ICF-CY use to describe persisting difficulties in executing tasks and activities of children and adolescent with disability in Italy//Disability and Health Journal, 7
- Mory J.L. Characterizing Functional Limitations in Children Using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health-Children and Youth Version(2010)// A thesis submitted to the faculty of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in the Department of Allied Health Sciences, Division of Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Newacheck P.W., Halfon N. (1998) Prevalence and impact of disabling chronic conditions among in childhood. American Journal of Public Health, 88(4):610-617.
- Simeonsson, R.J., & Lollar, D.J. Classifying childhood disability with the ICF-CY: from function to context. Paper presented at: the 12th Annual North American Collaborating Center Conference on the ICF; June 5-7, 2006, Vancouver, BC,Canada.
- Simeonsson R.J., Leonardi M., Lollar D., Bjorck-Akesson E., Hollenweger J. and Martinuzzi A. (2009) Applying the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) to measure childhood disability//Disability & Rehabilitation 25 (11-12), 602-610
- Simeonsson R.J. (2009) ICF-CY: A Universal Tool for Documentation of Disability // Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities, Volume 6, Issue 2, pages 70–72
- Yoon S. (2013), Deriving Code Sets for Pupils with Physical Disabilities from the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, for Children and Youth (ICF-CY)//Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2012 Feb;91(13 Suppl 1):S118-23.
- Yutaka S., Koji T., and Akio T .(2013). Compatibility between “Health” in the Course of Study for Kindergarten and ICF-CY, Bulletin of The National Institute of Special Needs Education, Vol. 40, pp. 37-49.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 6
Current month: 0
Previous month: 11
Current month: 1