Features of Communicative Competencies, Educational Motivation, and Emotional Attitude to Learning of Primary School Students
The article is aimed at identifying the features of communicative competencies, educational motivation, and emotional attitude to learning of primary school students studying in different didactic systems: the Elkonin — Davydov System of developmental education (DE) and the traditional education (TE). 41 third graders took part in the study, 21 of them enrolled in the Elkonin-Davydov System of developmental education, 20 in the traditional education. The following methods were used: diagnostics of educational motivation and emotional attitude to learning (modification of A.L. Andreeva), L. Mikhelson’s test of communication skills (adaptation by Y.Z. Gilbukh). The results obtained make it possible to say that the most formed communicative competencies of students of the 3rd grades DE are: to establish contact, to be able to make a request to a peer, to respond adequately to the criticism of the interlocutor and to provoking behavior on his part. Third graders studying in the TE system demonstrated an insufficient level of formation of such communicative competencies as asking for help from a peer and a teacher, asking questions. It is noted that a positive attitude to learning is typical for half of third graders studying in the DE system, while, for the same number of students, a reduced motivation to study and, in general, a neutral or negative attitude to learning is typical.
Keywords: communicative competencies, emotional attitude to learning, educational motivation, universal educational actions
Article type: scientific article
For citation: Voronkova I.V., Rastorgueva M.D., Enukova M.O. Features of Communicative Competencies, Educational Motivation, and Emotional Attitude to Learning of Primary School Students [Elektronnyi resurs]. Vestnik prakticheskoi psikhologii obrazovaniya = Bulletin of Psychological Practice in Education, 2023. Vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 98–105. DOI: 10.17759/bppe.2023200110. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Andreeva A.D. Otnoshenie k ucheniyu v raznye periody razvitiya rossiiskogo shkol’nogo obrazovaniya [Attitude Towards Studying in Different Periods of Russian School Education Development] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Kul’turno-istoricheskaya psikhologiya = Cultural-Historical Psychology, 2021. Vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 84–92. doi:10.17759/chp.2021170112 (In Russ.).
- Bozhovich L.I. Lichnost’ i ee formirovanie v detskom vozraste. Saint Petersburg: Piter, 2008. 400 p. (In Russ.).
- Voronkova I.V., Lagutina E.N., Adaskina A.A. Osobennosti uchebnoi motivatsii i emotsional’nogo otnosheniya k ucheniyu obuchayushchikhsya 4-kh klassov (na primere traditsionnogo i razvivayushchego obucheniya) [Features of Educational Motivation and Emotional Attitude to Learning of 4-grade Students (on the Example of Traditional and Developmental Education)] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Psychological-Educational Studies, 2022. Vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 32–48. doi:10.17759/psyedu.2022140103 (In Russ.).
- Voronkova I.V., Ulyashev K.D. Vzaimosvyaz’ predmetnykh i metapredmetnykh rezul’tatov v “profile uchebnykh rezul’tatov” pervoklassnikov [Interconnection between Subject and Meta-Subject Results in the “Profile of Learning Outcomes” of First-Graders] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Psychological-Educational Studies, 2018. Vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 44–52. doi:10.17759/psyedu.2018100405 (In Russ.).
- Denisenkova N.S. Issledovanie uchebnoi motivatsii pervoklassnikov v razlichnykh obrazovatel’nykh sredakh [Exploring First Graders’ Learning Motivation in Different Educational Environments] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2020. Vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 5–15. doi:10.17759/pse.20202501012 (In Russ.).
- Emelyanova E.A., Golovanova I.A., Lobakova K.V. Proyavlenie trevozhnosti u shkol’nikov pri perekhode v osnovnuyu shkolu [Manifestation of anxiety in schoolchildren during the transition to primary school]. Mir nauki. Pedagogika i psikhologiya = World of Science. Pedagogy and Psychology, 2022. Vol. 10, no 4. (In Russ.).
- Rubtsov V.V. Organizatsiya i razvitie sovmestnykh deistvii u detei v protsesse obucheniya. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1987. 160 p. (In Russ.).
- Rubtsov V.V., Kudryavtsev V.T. Myslit’ po Vygotskomu [Thinking According to Vygotsky] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Kul’turno-istoricheskaya psikhologiya = Cultural-Historical Psychology, 2021. Vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 160–161. doi:10.17759/chp.2021170320 (In Russ.).
- Sanina S.P., Rastorgueva M.D. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie osnovy podgotovki pedagogov k razvitiyu iskhodnykh predstavlenii mladshikh shkol’nikov (na materiale kursa “Okruzhayushchii mir”) [Psychological and Pedagogical Foundations of Teacher Training for Development of Primary School Student’s Initial Representations (Based on The Course Material Natural Science)] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Psychological-Educational Studies, 2022. Vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 82–98. doi:10.17759/psyedu.2022140406 (In Russ.).
- Zukerman G.A. Ot umeniya sotrudnichat’ k umeniyu uchit’ sebya [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 1996. Vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 27–42. URL: https://psyjournals.ru/journals/pse/archive/1996_n2/Tsukerman (Accessed 11.02.2023). (In Russ.).
- Zukerman G.A., Ermakova I.V. Razvivayushchie effekty sistemy D.B. El’konina — V.V. Davydova [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2003. Vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 56–73. URL: https://psyjournals.ru/journals/pse/archive/2003_n4/Tsukerman (Accessed 11.02.2023). (In Russ.).
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 18
Current month: 13
Previous month: 6
Current month: 5