Learning Motivation as an Aspect of personality Self-Determination at the Stage of Pre-Professional Development
Keywords: motivation, learning motivation, self-determination, pre-professional development , professional self-determination
Journal rubric: Educational Psychology
Article type: review article
For citation: Egorenko T.A. Learning Motivation as an Aspect of personality Self-Determination at the Stage of Pre-Professional Development [Elektronnyi resurs]. Sovremennaia zarubezhnaia psikhologiia = Journal of Modern Foreign Psychology, 2019. Vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 49–55. DOI: 10.17759/jmfp.2019080205. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Kenny M.E. et al. Achievement motivation among urban adolescents: Work hope, autonomy support, and achievement-related beliefs. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 2010, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 205–212. doi:10.1016/j.jvb.2010.02.005
- Lore m. dickey Career Decision Self-Efficacy of Transgender People: Pre-and Post-transition. The Career DevelopmenT QuarTerly, 2016, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 360–372. doi:10.1002/cdq.12071
- Constantine M.G. et al. Challenges to the career development of urban racial and ethnic minority youth: Implications for vocational intervention. Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development Special Issue: Urban Adolescents, 1998, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 83−95. doi:10.1002/j.2161-1912.1998.tb00189.x
- Covington M.V. Goal theory, motivation, and school achievement: An integrative review. Annual Review of Psychology, 2000, vol. 51, pp. 171−200. doi:10.1146/annurev.psych.51.1.171
- Diemer M.A., Blustein D.L. Vocational hope and vocational identity: Urban adolescents' career development. Journal of Career Assessment, 2007, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 98−118. doi:10.1177/1069072706294528
- Eccles J.S., Noack P. Early Adolescents' Development of Academic Self-Concept and Intrinsic Task Value: The Role of Contextual Feedback. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 2015, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 459-473. doi:10.1111/jora.12140
- Fine M. Echoes of Bedford: A 20-year social psychology memoir on participatory action research hatched behind bars. American Psychologist, 2013, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. 686–698. doi:10.1037/a0034359
- Hofer B.K. Addressing Challenges to Public Understanding of Science: Epistemic Cognition, Motivated Reasoning, and Conceptual Change. Educational Psychologist, 2014, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 123–138. doi:10.1080/00461520.2014.916216
- Snyder C.R. et al. Hope and academic success in college. Journal of Educational Psychology, 2002, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 820−826. doi:10.1037/0022-06184.108.40.2060
- Hughes K.L., Bailey T.L., Karp M.M. School-to-work: Making a difference in education. Phi Delta Kappan, 2002, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 272–279. doi:10.1177/003172170208400405
- Kozol J. Fire in the Ashes: Twenty-Five Years Among the Poorest Children in America. New York, NY, US: Crown Publishers, 2012. 404 p.
- Lapan R.T. Career development across the K-16 years: Bridging the present to satisfying and successful futures. Alexandria, VA, US: American Counseling Association, 2004. 380 p.
- Lapan R.T., Gysbers N.C., Yongmin Sun The Impact of More Fully Implemented Guidance Programs on the School Experiences of High School Students: A Statewide Evaluation Study. Journal of Counseling & Development, 2011, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 292–302. doi:10.1002/j.1556-6676.1997.tb02344.x
- Lapan R.T., Kardash C.M., Turner S. Empowering students to become self-regulated learners. Professional School Counseling, 2002, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 257−265.
- Ogbu J.U. Cultural boundaries and minority youth orientation toward work preparation. In Stern D., Eichorn D. (eds.), Adolescence and work: Influences of social structure, labor markets, and culture. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1989, pp. 101−140.
- Perry J.C. School engagement among urban youth of color: Criterion pattern effects of vocational exploration and racial identity. Journal of Career Development, 2008, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 397−422. doi:10.1177/0894845308316293
- Ryan R.M., Bradshaw E.L. &Edward Deci. In Sternberg R., Pickren W. (eds.), Intrisic and Extrisic Motiva-tions: Classic Definitions and New Directions. Comtempary Educational Psychology. 2000, pp. 391–411. doi: 10.1017/9781108290876.016
- Ryan R.M., Deci E.L. Self-determination theory. Basic psychological needs in motivation, development and wellness. New York, NY. 2017. 756 p.
- Ryan R.M., Deci E.L., Grolnick W.S. Autonomy, relatedness, and the self: Their relation to development and psychopathology. In Cicchetti D., Cohen D.J. (eds.), Developmental psychopathology Theory and methods, Vol. 1. Oxford, England: John Wiley & Sons, 1995, pp. 618–655.
- Kenny M.E. et al. Setting the stage: Career development and the student engagement process. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 2006, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 272−279. doi:10.1037/0022-0220.127.116.112
- Snyder C.R. The past and possible futures of hope. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology Special Issue: Classical Sources of Human Strength: A Psychological Analysis, 2000, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 11−28. doi:10.1521/jscp.2000.19.1.11
- Super D.E. A life-span, life-space approach to career development. In Brown D., Brooks L. (eds.), Career choice and development: Applying contemporary theories to practice. 2nd ed. San Francisco, CA, US: Jossey-Bass, 1990, pp. 197–261.
- Duffy R.D. et al. The Psychology of Working Theory. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 2016, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 127–148. doi:10.1037/cou0000140
- Bieg S. et al. The role of teachers’ care and self-determined motivation inworking with students in Germany and the United States. International Journal of Educational Research, 2013, vol. 60, pp. 27–37. doi:10.1016/j.ijer.2013.04.002
- Visher M.G., Bhandari R., Medrich E. High school career exploration programs: Do they work? [Elektronnyi resurs]. Phi Delta Kappan, 2004, vol. 86, no. 2, рp. 135–138. URL: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/003172170408600210 (Accessed 14.06.2019).
- Voelkl K.E. Measuring students' identification with school. Educational Psychological Measurement, 1996, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 760−770.
- Wentzel K.R. Student motivation in middle school: The role of perceived pedagogical caring. Journal of Educational Psychology, 1997, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 411−419.
- Wentzel K.R. The contributions of social goal setting to children' school adjustment. In Eccles J.S., Wigfield A. (eds.), Development of achievement motivation. New York: Elsevier, 2002, pp. 222–241. doi:10.1016/B978-012750053-9/50011-5
- Wigfield A., Eccles J.S. Expectancy–value theory of achievement motivation. Contemporary Educational Psychology Special Issue: Motivation and the Educational Process, 2002, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 68−81. doi:10.1006/ceps.1999.1015
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 7
Current month: 4
Previous month: 6
Current month: 1